- Capturan reflectores
- Pierden hasta la compostura
- Son Mineras campeonas de la Conferencia USA
- A-Rod toma parte de su primer entrenamiento con los Yanquis
- Fernando del Rincón denuncia acoso de escoltas de Angélica Rivera
- Así es una increíble ciudad oasis en Perú
- Entrenador de Futbol Horizon Dominators, muerto al caerle vehículo encima
- Soldado de Fort Hood, responsable de homicidio-suicidio
- Lo detienen en el puente con 124 libras de mariguana
- Rompen Rockets racha de 6 derrotas
70 Pound Marijuana Bust at Presidio Port
PRESIDIO, TX – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers working at the Presidio Port of Entry in west Texas seized more than 70 pounds of marijuana Friday, while a Mexican National man was arrested in the failed smuggling attempt.
It was a team effort that led to the seizure at the port of entry. “The agency’s layered enforcement approach helped in making this seizure,” said CBP Presidio Port Director John Deputy. “Having assets like a drug sniffing dog, high technology and officer expertise proved to be a successful recipe in this enforcement action”.
The seizure was made at approximately 7:30 a.m. when a 2006 Dodge Stratus entered the port from Mexico. CBP officers selected the vehicle for a secondary examination and scanned the vehicle with a non-intrusive inspection system (x-ray) which revealed an anomaly in the appearance of the front dashboard of the vehicle. CBP officers continued their exam and located several marijuana filled bundles hidden inside the dashboard.
CBP officers took custody of the driver of the vehicle, 22-year-old Rito Rodriguez Reyes of Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico. He was turned over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) HSI special agents and arrested on importation of controlled substance and possession with intent to distribute charges.